When the life you envisioned for yourself and your children is suddenly uncertain and you are facing a divorce, legal separation, or loss of custody, you may feel like your life is spinning out of control. Regardless of what caused the unexpected change, you need guidance on how to move forward with your life. You need someone on your side who hears your concerns and is committed to fighting for your priorities.
At de Maar Law, we not only help you get through your current situation, but we also work with you to craft a path forward to a bright future for yourself and your children. Our goal is to move our clients from crisis to confidence as we help them get stronger and more independent throughout the case. We are committed to working collaboratively with the other side to find solutions that make everyone happy, but if we can’t do that successfully, we are willing and able to take the matter to court to fight for what you need and deserve.
We Are Here for You in Any Family Crisis
Whether you have just been served with documents or need help with a post-dissolution action, like modification, we are prepared to provide you with the support and cost-effective litigation strategies you need to move on with your life. We practice all areas of family law, including the following:
- Divorce or Legal Separation. Whether you are filing for divorce or have been served by your spouse, it is important that you understand your legal rights in Washington.
- Child Support. You may be paying support or you may be receiving it; in either case, our attorneys can make sure you and your child are being treated fairly.
- Domestic Violence. If you and your children feel threatened in a relationship, there are legal steps you can take with the help of our attorneys to protect your family.
- Relocation. If either you or your ex-spouse is planning to relocate and children are involved, you may need to renegotiate parenting plans. Protect your rights with our legal representation.
- Spousal Support. It is all too easy to be treated unfairly as either the recipient or payer of alimony. Allow our attorneys to help you negotiate fair spousal support.
- Committed Intimate Relationships. If you have been living with your partner for some time and have been pooling your resources, your relationship will likely qualify as a “Committed Intimate Relationship (CIR) and a separation will proceed much like a divorce. You will need legal representation.
- Prenuptial Agreements. When your best interests are represented, a prenuptial agreement can protect your pre-marriage assets and reduce conflict down the road. We are happy to work on an agreement for you.
- Hague Convention Kidnapping. We are one of the few law firms in the country qualified to handle cases where a child is taken without permission by a non-custodial parent to another country. If you are in this terrifying situation, do not hesitate to call us.
- Basic Wills and Powers of Attorney. We also practice other areas of family law, including writing wills and arranging powers of attorney.
If you are facing one of these or any other family law issue or crisis, schedule a consultation with us to discuss your situation. We are committed to efficient, effective meetings and will be prepared to answer your questions and give you the information you need to make the best decisions for you and your children.
Trust Us With Your Washington Divorce
Life is not always fair, but you can tip the scales in your favor by hiring family law attorneys who make your priorities their priorities. When you work with de Maar Law, you will get compassionate representation from skilled litigators who are not afraid of a fight. While we will make every effort to work collaboratively for a peaceful solution, we will not back down when the other side pushes back. Other divorce lawyers often turn to us when a case has to go to court. Why not start with us? Connect with us through the form on this page to get started today. With us, your future can be bright again.